What to do? What to do?

So, Bill thinks the boys and I should go and stay with his parents during this whole historic flood thing.  He is concerned about us being without power for any length of time.  Personally, I don’t want to go and move into his parents house.  No way.  I would rather stay here and take my chances.  It is just to much of a disruption.  No to mention, I would feel guilty every single minute.  Why?  Because they like quiet.  I will not be bringing quiet with me.  The boys and the dog are very …ah…let’s just go with active.  I won’t abandon my cats.  They are allergic.  I’m allergic to all animals, but i take a pill and go with it.  Anyway, I don’t want to go.  I don’t want to have to pack everything up.  I don’t want to spent the next 60-90 days stuck there.  I would rather be stranded here.  At least if I am stranded here, I can still get Aden to school when it starts.  Once I am at their house, I have to go along with what they want.  I don’t want to do  that.  I love them very, very much.  I am just so stressed out at the moment, I would much rather be stressed out here.  With my Stuff.  In my Space.  With my critters.  That’s all.  I don’t want to feel bad because they will want to sit quietly and watch TV, but the boys don’t do that.  They scream.  They run. They wrestle.  They don’t stop.  They are little boys.  Personally, I think we would be okay.  Even if the power goes out.  I can get a cell phone.  We don’t need perishables.  The flood won’t affect my garden.  If Bill is gone.  I’ll call the hardware store, rent a tiller, and put in an even bigger garden.  The fence isn’t going to get done.  Or will it????  I am not a complete idiot.  I do know how to dig holes, put in posts, mix and pour concrete and I can hammer a nail.  Although, why would I hammer if I have nail guns?????  Okay so  I am busted.  Maybe, that’s why I don’t want to go.  Bill will be gone and all of the power tools will be left unguarded…..hehehehehehehe.  I can see some fun out of this.  We have a gas grill.  It has a burner.  With that I will be able to boil water.  I can make mac & cheese, so the boys will be happy.  If we stay here, I won’t have to risk life and limbs to get Mama fat cat into a carrier.  I still have scars from last time I tried that.  She won.  I won’t have to sit through an hour-long car right with a dog and cat & the boys crammed into the back of a little car.  I have books on hold with the library.  What if they come in while I am gone?  I can’t go without my library books.  I don’t want to go.  Bill wants us to go.  So, he won’t worry.  So, I reckon we’ll have to discuss it more in detail tomorrow.  It looks like he should be gone by Wednesday of next week.   I really don’t want to go.  I have auctions up, I have classes to teach & things to ship and things to do.  I’ll keep you posted



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s